Job Opportunity – BDT Coordinator
We’re hiring for a Business Development and Training (BDT) Coordinator. The BDT Coordinator role will contribute to the organisation’s income generation activities by building relationships with donors and clients and facilitate training within the specialised services (bespoke) work of organisation. Application Deadline: 27 August 2017.
The position will contribute to the full value chain of income generation activities of the organisation. The BDT Coordinator will report directly to the Business Development Manager (BDM) and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in enke’s independent income generation projects. The BDT Coordinator is an ideal position for an aspiring social entrepreneur that is passionate about the power of young people to transform lives and communities, who wants to gain experience in business and client development. This is also a developmental role that will give extensive experience in sales, project management, training delivery, exposure to enke’s networks and may lead to future opportunities in the organization.
Role Description and Responsibilities
- Income Generation: Work as an integral member of the income generation team to drive fundraising and sales-related activities through:
- Contribute to creating and executing fundraising strategy, including researching funding sources, pitching enke programs, and submitting proposals;
- Outreach (e.g. new business lead generation, referrals, retention of existing business)
- Engagement (e.g. client engagement through phone calls, emails, proposals, meetings, and events)
- Customer Service (e.g. courtesy calls, seek and implement client feedback)
- Training Delivery & Project Coordination: Contribute to developing and delivering new curriculum for bespoke projects when required, assisting to build enke’s catalogue and service offering
- Deliver trainings contracted by the organisation as a facilitator
- Liaise with and coordinate enke’s specialized facilitators for all bespoke project execution
- Recruit, coordinate logistics and support facilitators to effectively execute on projects
- Start-to-finish logistical and administrative coordination of all projects and related activities in Bespoke Projects.
- Financial administration of Bespoke Project events/activities (budgeting, financial reconciliation and reporting)
- Organisational responsibilities: Contribute to standardisation and measurement of organisational systems and processes in income generation, assist with general administrative tasks as needed, and perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications Required
Qualifications & Experience
- A tertiary qualification preferably in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration, Public Relations or Communication degree / diploma
- Computer Literacy – MS Office and related marketing and communication packages and social media
- Valid Drivers License for minimum 12 months (own transport would be ideal)
- Experience in fundraising, sales, marketing, training development or similar
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Ability and flexibility to work evenings and weekends with frequent travel across South Africa (majority of trainings and meetings occur on evenings and weekends.)
- Ability to accomplish projects with minimal supervision and take direction
- Strong project management skills
- Experience working in the non-profit sector or fundraising is an advantage
- Experience working in skills development and facilitation will be an advantage
Personal Attributes / Skills
- Excellent written communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills
- High personal standards and willingness to go beyond expectations
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excited by new ideas and processes with a positive and professional attitude and ability to work in a team
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to engage a variety of clients on the phone & in person
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner at all levels; internal and external to the organization
- Able to look at the big picture while addressing immediate needs
- Work attitude is goal driven and you get the work done on time
- Passion for social change and shared organizational values
Remuneration: R8,000.00 – R10,000.00 based on qualifications and experience.
Duration: Full time position. 12 month contract with possibility of extension based on performance.
Projected Start Date: 1 October 2017.
To apply, please follow the below instructions:
- Complete the enke online job application
- Submit your CV (maximum 2 pages) via email to jobs[at]enke[dot]co[dot]za by 5:30pm on Sunday 27th August 2017.
- The subject line of your email must include the position you are applying for and your name; for example – “BDT Coordinator Application – FULL NAME”
- Only complete applications complying with all instructions (both online application and emailed CV with correct subject line) will be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates may be contacted for follow-up interviews. Candidates who have received no response within four (4) weeks of the closing date should kindly assume that their application has not been successful.