“As part of the Ignition Program I have learnt an incredible amount of skills... I learnt the value of nurturing a dream and being a siren that makes enough noise for the world to listen." - 2012-13 Ignition Program Participant
enke: Ignition Program for Tertiary Students and Recent Grads
The enke: Ignition Program is a specialized volunteer program designed for young adults 18-30 years old. Participants commit to an action-oriented volunteer program where they gain practical skills in leadership, facilitation youth coaching, and gain exposure to professional and personal development opportunities.
In the enke: Ignition Program participants receive training and gain key skills such as leadership, self-awareness, presentation, communication, and facilitation. Youth are exposed to influential individuals and peers, accumulate volunteer hours (minimum 140 hours) and facilitation experience. They also mentor high school learners (in the Trailblazer Program) to develop projects of social action to improve their communities.
Youth leave the program transformed: with the skills, experiences, and self-belief to achieve their goals, and the networks, connections and capacity to progress into the workforce.
Through the Program participants will:
- Receive training and gain key skills such as leadership, self-awareness, presentation, communication, and facilitation.
- Be exposed to leading South African corporates and influential individuals and peers.
- Accumulate volunteer hours (minimum 140 hours).
- Mentor high school learners to develop projects of social action to improve their communities.
- Receive recognition in the form of letters and certificates.
- Join the exclusive enke: Make Your Mark Alumni Network - a network of diverse youth who are passionate about their own development and that of others.
To participate in the Program, youth must be:
- Between the ages 18-30 years old
- Currently enrolled in university, college (FET or TVET) or any recognized post-secondary bridging programme
- Passionate about making a difference, want to build their resume with volunteer experience, or looking for an experience to expand their networks and skills.
- must commit to all program dates which are available on our website
- Having previous facilitation experience is a bonus
- Able to commit to all program activities including
- The Ignition Program Training Retreat: 4-day in-person residential training camp focused on building personal leadership and facilitation skills
- Igniter Online Training Assessments: Weekly assessments of practical actions to build facilitation skills over 3 months which are completed online
- enke: Forum Program Delivery: Those who participate in training and actively engage in online assignments may be selected to be enke: Igniters, who will apply their skills in training and mentoring high school youth in the enke: Trailblazer Program Training Retreat - the enke: Forum.
How to apply?
Current Status: Applications Now Open!
For more information, send an email to igniton[at]enke[dot]co[dot]za