We are excited to announce a new opportunity in the enke: Ignition Program – the Trailblazer Champion role. We’re recruiting 18-30 year olds from Gauteng, Free State, Limpopo, and Northern Cape who are interested in developing their communities. Applications available online only, application deadline of Wednesday 5 August 2020.
What is a Trailblazer Champion?
The Trailblazer Champion is a trained enke facilitator that delivers training and provides support for high school youth participating in the enke: Trailblazer Program in the target locations of implementation. To qualify for selection to the Trailblazer Champion role, participants need to complete the Ignition Program Training. Trailblazer Champions will be responsible for both facilitating enke workshops and providing support to Trailblazers as they implement their Community Action Projects (CAPs). The Trailblazer Champions may receive monthly stipend based on meeting key deliverables related to successful training delivery and consistent support for their assigned Trailblazers (high school learners participating in the enke: Trailblazer Program).
What is the Ignition Program Training?
The enke: Ignition Program is a specialized facilitation and volunteer training program for young adults 18-30 years old. Through it, participants receive training and the opportunity to volunteer in enke Programs. The training builds practical skills and experience in leadership, facilitation, youth coaching, and gain exposure to professional and personal development opportunities. Those who complete the Ignition Program Training may be eligible to be selected as facilitators for enke Programs, for example the role of Trailblazer Champion.
To be selected for the 2020 enke: Ignition Program Training you must fulfill the following criteria:
- 18-30 years old
- Completed Matric (have a Matric certificate)
- Live within 30 km radius of the following areas**:
- Free State: Parys, Vredefort and Viljoenskroon
- Limpopo: Blouberg Municipality (Alldays, Senwabarwana (Bochum), Dichoeng, Ga-Manthata, Ga-Matlala, Ga-Ramutla)
- Northern Cape: Emthajeni Local Municipality (Britstown, De Aar, Hanover, Phillipstown)
- Gauteng: Johannesburg, Soweto, Tshwane
- Basic Computer Literacy (will be trained to use an online learning platform)
- Ability to communicate in English as well as local language
- Bonus: Volunteer or other community development experience
** The selected areas are where the 2020 enke: Trailblazer Program will be implemented, therefore Trailblazer Champions must be within a close travel distance so as to not contravene out-of-province travelling restrictions.
Ignition Program: Trailbalzer Champion Commitments
The Trailblazer Champions will be required to commit to the following activities:
- Attend the 2020 Ignition Program Facilitator Training taking place from 17-28 August.
- Deliver Saturday Trainings from 12 September – 10 October 2020
- Facilitate workshops for the Trailblazer Program Participants at schools or community centres
- Provide structured mentorship and support of Trailblazer Program participants as they implement their Community Action Projects (CAPS) October 2020 – February 2021
- Submit regular reports (data/airtime provided for these activities)
- Note that Trailblazer Champions will receive a monthly stipend.
How to Apply
- Apply to participate in the enke: Ignition Program Training by completing the form – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/IgnitionApplication.
- Application Deadline: Wednesday 5 August 2020, 11:59pm.
- We recommend that you make sure to complete all questions as comprehensively as possible. Only complete applications will be considered for selection. Please note that there are only 30 spaces available for our 2020 Ignition Program Training Intake.
Should you have questions or need some clarification please do not hesitate to contact Malilomo via email email@example.com.