This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the enke: Team, which empowers and supports youth to be drivers of positive social change in their communities. This is an ideal position for someone who wants to gain comprehensive experience in running projects and programs that capacitate the power of young people to transform lives and communities. This opportunity allows you to challenge yourself, apply your skills while working with a youthful, fun and supportive team that is contributing to real change in South Africa.
The Program Coordinator will be reporting to the Program Manager and working across all enke programs (www.enke.org.za/programs).This is a developmental role that will give extensive experience in event and project management, troubleshooting and support as well as exposure to enke’s networks. As an organisation that supports grassroots community development, candidates should ideally be South African and be able to communicate in English and at least 1 other official South African languages.
Start date: 1st April 2021 (12 months’ contract with potential to renew based on performance) Position type: Full time
Remuneration: R12 000.00 per month gross salary
Location: Parktown, Johannesburg with travel expected through out South Africa
● Logistical and administrative coordination of training events for enke programs ● Active engagement of youth in enke’s programs using in-person and via email and social media; ● Generate and execute new ideas for the engagement and support of youth in enke’s programs; ● Ensure policies and processes are implemented for successful program delivery; ● Recruit, coordinate and support program participants;
● Liaise with diverse stakeholders (youth participants, schools, community groups, donors, local Government and other organisations);
● Assist with monitoring and evaluation of programs and compilation of reports; ● Manage Catalyst, facilitators and volunteers as necessary;
● Budgeting, financial management and reporting;
● Provisional training will be provided to assist the program coordinator executing their responsibilities, however, successful applicants will be expected to have existing experience to enable them to engage with the outlined responsibilities.
● Minimum of a three-year degree and relevant work experience (ideally in youth development; project planning, implementation and management);
● Valid Driver’s License for minimum 12 months
● Ability to work full-time, as well as some evenings and weekends;
● Fluency in written and spoken English and ability to speak at least two other South African languages;
Evidence of active engagement within a university or community context (e.g. volunteering, membership in societies or positions of office or active engagement within your community or involvement in community projects);
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills; ● High level of attention to detail;
● Passion for working with young people, a pro-active energy
● Ability to accomplish projects with minimal supervision and take direction;
● High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel;
● High personal standards and willingness to go beyond expectations;
Visit www.enke.org.za for more information about the organisation.
Application Process / Instructions
Every part of the application process tells us something about you. Completing the online application comprehensively and submitting your CV gives us information not just about your experience, but indicates your attention to detail and understanding of given instructions.
Please follow these instructions accurately in submitting you submit your application: 1. Complete the Online Application – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T8VMMS6–. Note that part of the online application will ask about your motivation, encourage you to explain why you want to work with enke: Make Your Mark and what skills, experience and personal attributes make you the best person for the advertised role. We highly recommend having a comprehensive response prepared. Note that once started you will not be able to save and return to the application at a later time.
2. Submit your CV, maximum 2 pages, via email to email@example.com by 5:30 pm, Thursday 18th March 2021 The subject line of your email must include the position you are applying for and your full name; for example – “enke Program Coordinator Application – JOHN SMITH”
Only complete applications complying with all instructions (both online application and emailed CV with correct subject line) will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates may be contacted. Candidates who have not received a response within three (3) months of the closing date should kindly assume that their application has not been successful.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
The Program Coordinator will report to the Program Manager for all day to day tasks and for overall performance management but will report to any other team member as assigned.
Program Event/Activity Coordination (40%)
● Logistical and administrative coordination of events and activities in enke’s core post-school and bespoke programs
● Create and execute participant recruitment strategies including but not limited to communications, partner recruitment, and meetings with relevant stakeholders. ● Actively contribute to programmatic content creation around enke’s core and bespoke programs ● Lead and/or capacity build within all ongoing program planning, revision, implementation and evaluation of all enke: Program activities as necessary
● Attend and contribute to the planning and organisation of enke: Make Your Mark events. ● Represent enke: Make Your Mark at conferences, workshops, meetings and forums organized by partners and/or other youth organisations (when applicable).
● Lead monitoring and evaluation tasks to measure programmatic and activity coordination success.
● Identify and source influential leaders for speaker/panellist and consultant positions throughout enke Programs
Stakeholder Management (30%)
● Liaise with and create a database of diverse stakeholders (service providers, youth participants, community groups, donors, various spheres of government & other NGOs)
● Coordinate Catalyst communication (social media, website, group e-mail discussion lists, newsletters, etc.)
● Provide support/troubleshooting assistance to participants enrolled in the current year’s enke: Programs
● Conduct quarterly reporting to all funding and partner organisations.
● Promoting enke: Make Your Mark to partners and other civil society organisations ● Identifying, and maintaining relationships with, schools and other civil society organisations for the implementation of the enke: Catalyst and Bespoke Programs
● Lead the creation of provincial youth networks to further collaborative work
Contribution to standardization of program systems and processes (20%)
● Following all processes and systems in place
● Feedback and report on effectiveness of process and systems
● Update of program logistics handbook with improved process and systems ● Lead the creation of a service provider database across all programs
Ad hoc responsibilities (10%)
● Available to assist with other responsibilities to advance the organisation’s goals and mission ● Actively support the Program Manager and Head of Programs to achieve targets and deliverables ● Track expenditures
● Work with relevant enke: Make Your Mark departments to develop growth opportunities ● Provide other administrative support as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
● Post-secondary qualification preferably Bachelor’s degree
● At least 2 years’ experience working full-time in an administrative / office environment ● At least 12 months’ experience implementing and coordinating a project as an individual or part of a team
● Valid driver’s license
Administrative and Organisational Skills
● Fluency in written and spoken English and ability to speak at least two other South African languages fluently;
● Highly organised and efficient;
● Impeccable time management, data collection, input and reporting ability;
● High level of attention to detail;
● Ability to work independently and take initiative;
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills; ● Adept at using social media;
● High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
Positive, flexible and enthusiastic
● Ability to work full-time, as well as some evenings and weekends;
● High personal standards and willingness to go beyond expectations; ● Passion for working with young people, a proactive mindset and hardworking personality will be most suitable for this role