Hiring for Program Coordinator
Join our dynamic team that empowers and supports youth to be drivers of positive social change in their communities. We’re currently looking for a Program Coordinator, a full-time position based at enke’s offices in Braamfontein, Johannesburg, with some travel expected throughout South Africa.
- This is an ideal position for someone who wants to gain comprehensive experience in running projects and programs that capacitate the power of young people to transform lives and communities. This opportunity allows you to challenge yourself, apply your skills while working with a youthful, fun and supportive team that is contributing to real change in South Africa.
The Program Coordinator will be reporting to the Head of Programs and working across all enke programs (www.enke.co.za/programs). This is a developmental role that will give extensive experience in event and project management, troubleshooting and support as well as exposure to enke’s networks. As an organisation that supports grassroots community development, candidates should ideally be South African and be able to communicate in English and at least 1 other official South African languages.
- Application Deadline: 5:30 pm, Tuesday 10th September 2019.
- Online Application Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S9V7HYL
- Position type: Full time
- Target start date: 1st October 2019 (12 months’ contract with potential to renew based on performance)
- Remuneration: R10 000.00 – R12 500.00 per month gross salary based on experience.
- Location: Braamfontein, Johannesburg with travel expected through out South Africa
Program Coordinator Responsibilities
- – Logistical and administrative coordination of training events for enke programs
- – Active engagement of youth in enke’s programs using in-person and via email and social media;
- – Generate and execute new ideas for the engagement and support of youth in enke’s programs;
- – Ensure policies and processes are implemented for successful program delivery;
- – Recruit, coordinate and support program participants;
- – Liaise with diverse stakeholders (youth participants, schools, community groups, donors, local
- – Government and other organisations);
- – Assist with monitoring and evaluation of programs and compilation of reports;
- – Manage trailblazer support team, and volunteers, as necessary;
- – Budgeting, financial management and reporting;
- – Provisional training will be provided to assist program officers in executing their responsibilities, however, successful applicants will be expected to have existing experience to enable them to engage with the outlined responsibilities.
Candidate Skills & Qualification Requirements
- – Minimum of a three-year degree and relevant work experience (ideally in youth development; project planning, implementation and management);
- – Valid Driver’s License for minimum 12 months
- – Ability to work full-time, as well as some evenings and weekends;
- – Fluency in written and spoken English and ability to speak at least two other South African languages;
- – Evidence of active engagement within a university or community context (e.g. volunteering, membership in societies or positions of office or active engagement within your community or involvement in community projects);
- – Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills;
- – High level of attention to detail;
- – Passion for working with young people, a pro-active energy
- – Ability to accomplish projects with minimal supervision and take direction;
- – High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel;
- – High personal standards and willingness to go beyond expectations;
Visit www.enke.co.za for more information about the organisation.
Application Process / Instructions
Every part of the application process tells us something about you. Completing the online application comprehensively and submitting your CV gives us information not just about your experience, but indicates your attention to detail and understanding of given instructions.
Please follow these instructions accurately in submitting you submit your application:
- – Complete the Online Application – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S9V7HYL . Note that part of the online application will ask about your motivation, encourage you to explain why you want to work with enke: Make Your Mark and what skills, experience and personal attributes make you the best person for the advertised role. We highly recommend having a comprehensive response prepared. Note that once started you will not be able to save and return to the application at a later time.
- – Submit your CV, maximum 2 pages, via email to email@example.com by 5:30 pm, Tuesday 10th September 2019. The subject line of your email must include the position you are applying for and your full name; for example – “enke Program Coordinator Application – JOHN SMITH”
Only complete applications complying with ALL instructions (both online application and emailed CV with correct subject line) will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates may be contacted. We do our best to communicate with every applicant, however sometimes are limited in our capacity to do so. Applicants that have not received a response within three (3) months of the closing date should kindly assume that their application has not been successful.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.