We’re hiring! Join the enke team as a Program Officer overseeing our new initiatives in the Northern Cape. We are looking for someone living in (or willing to relocate to) De Aar, Northern Cape.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the enke: Programs Team which empowers and supports youth to be drivers of positive social change in their communities. This is an ideal position for an aspiring social entrepreneur with 2 – 5 years of program management work experience, who wants to gain comprehensive experience in running programs which capacitate the power of young people to transform lives and communities. Working at enke is challenging and takes you out of your comfort zone. This opportunity allows you to challenge yourself while working with a youthful, fun and supportive team contributing to real change in South Africa.
The Program Officer will be reporting to the Head of Programs (HOP) and working to bring enke’s programs to the De Aar, Northern Cape area. This role will give extensive experience in event and project management, troubleshooting and support as well as exposure to enke’s networks. As an organisation which supports grassroots community development, candidates should ideally be South African and be able to communicate in English, Afrikaans and at least one other official South African Language. Knowledge of the Sector Education Training Authority (SETA) system and New Venture Creation Accreditation is advantageous.
Opportunity closing date: 5:30pm, Friday 14th February 2020
Start date: 1st March 2020
Reports to: Head of Programs
Location: De Aar, Northern Cape with frequent travel and some weekend work
Remuneration: R14,500 – R18,500 per month gross salary based on qualifications and experience.
Duration: Full time position, 12-month contract with possibility of extension based on performance
PROGRAM EVENT/ACTIVITY COORDINATION (50%)
- Logistical and administrative coordination of events and activities in enke’s core post-school programs
- Create and execute participant recruitment strategies
- Actively contribute to programmatic content creation and integration of the New Venture Creation certificate in enke’s core and bespoke programs
- Capacity build within all ongoing program planning, revision, implementation and evaluation of all enke: Program activities as necessary
- Attend and contribute to the planning and organisation of enke: Make Your Mark events.
- Represent enke: Make Your Mark at conferences, workshops, school meetings and forums organized by schools and/or other youth organisations (when applicable).
- Lead monitoring and evaluation tasks to measure programmatic and activity coordination success.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT (25%)
- Develop new and unique ways to improve the efficiency of program operations across the organization
- Lead and manage the post school programmatic implementation of the organization and ensure that the expectations of funders, partners, participants, and community stakeholders are met.
- In partnership with the HOP, implement recruitment, training and retention strategies
STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT (10%)
- Liaise with diverse stakeholders (skill centres, SETAs, service providers, youth participants, community groups, donors, various spheres of government & other NGOs working within the education, employment and training sectors);
- Coordinate program-specific communication (social media, website, group e-mail discussion lists, newsletters, etc.)
- Provide support/troubleshooting assistance to all participants undertaking portfolios of evidence.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly reporting to all funding and partner organisations.
- Promoting enke: Make Your Mark’s work and its participants to employment, education or training facilities and other civil society organisations
- Identifying, and maintaining relationships with partners and other civil society organisations for the implementation of enke Programs
CONTRIBUTION TO STANDARDISATION OF PROGRAM SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES (10%)
- Following all processes and systems in place
- Feedback and report on effectiveness of process and systems
- Update of program logistics handbook with improved process and systems
AD HOC RESPONSIBILITIES (5%)
- Available to assist with other responsibilities to advance the organisation’s goals and mission
- Actively support the Head of Programs and the Training and Engagement Officer to achieve targets and deliverables
- Track expenditures
- Work with relevant enke: Make Your Mark departments to develop growth opportunities
- Provide other administrative support as needed
- Bachelors’ Degree in Humanities, Marketing & PR, Communications, Business Development and Developmental Sciences and/or other related fields
- Minimum 2-5 years working experience in an NGO or social enterprise environment.
- Strong programmatic project management, design, implementation and reporting experience will be advantageous
- Driver’s License
- 3-5 years’ management experience
To apply, please follow the below instructions:
- Complete the online application – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FJQZKT8
- Submit your CV (maximum 2 pages) via email to email@example.com by 5:30pm, Friday 14th February 2020
- The subject line of your email must include the position you are applying for and your name; for example – “BDC’’ Application – JOHN SMITH”
- Only complete applications complying with all instructions (both online application and emailed CV with correct subject line) will be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates may be contacted for follow-up interviews. Candidates who have received no response within three (3) months of the closing date should kindly assume that their application has not been successful.