The enke: Ignition Program is a 3-month specialized volunteer program designed for young adults 18-30 years old. You will receive training and gain key skills such as leadership, self-awareness, presentation, communication, and facilitation. Only those trained in the enke: Ignition Program can be selected to be facilitators at the enke: Forum, mentoring high school learners (in the Trailblazer Program) to develop projects of social action to improve their communities. Learn more about the Ignition Program
To be participate in the Ignition Program, applicants must be:
- Between 18-30 years old.
- Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a college (FET / TVET), university, or recognized bridging program/course OR have completed an enke Program
- Passionate about making a difference, want to build their resume with volunteer experience, or looking for an experience to expand their networks and skills.
|Applications Open||13 March – 16 April 2020|
|Selection:||All applicants will be informed of their application status by 8 March.|
|Training In-Person:||4-day Ignition Program Training Retreat is a residential (overnight) intensive training for personal development and facilitation skills. (dates to be confirmed post-lockdown)|
|Practical Skills Building (Online Training):||May – June: Every 2 weeks, participants will receive online tasks and challenges to buid their facilitation skills. Engagement with practical skills building is essential to qualify for selection to facilitate at enke: Forum|
|Action at the enke: Forum:||End June/Early July: Selected participants may be selected to deliver training content to, and mentor, high school learners at the enke: Forum. To be selected, participants must have shown commitment and engagement throughout the Ignition Program, completed their online skills tasks and demonstrated that they are positive role-models for the Trailblazers.|
Participants will receive a certificate of completion and reference letter for their activities in the Ignition Program. Additionally, participants that complete the Program will be able to join the exclusive enke: Make Your Mark Alumni Network – a network of diverse youth and professionals who are passionate about their own development and that of others.
1. Why do you want to be part of the enke: Ignition Program?
2. What leadership training and/or experience have you had?
3. What coaching/facilitation training and/or experience have you had?
4. Tell us about a project that you planned and implemented.
5. What is one (1) social issue that is having a negative impact on your community that you want to see changed