CATALYST for unemployed youth
enke: Catalyst for Unemployed Youth
This is a new initiative for young people who are not in employment, education or training (NEETs). The program is a 25-week (6 month) experience in personal development, social impact and guided coaching for professional development to increase the likelihood of conversion to employment, enterprise, education or training. Catalyst is designed to support youth to self-determine, define, achieve their goals and successfully enter into employment, education, enterprise or training.
Our goals with this program is to:
- Contribute to reducing the youth NEET rate to <30% by 2030.
- Break the continuum of hopelessness of out-of-school, post-school youth by rebuilding their self-belief and resilience through training, practical experience and inspiration.
- Inspire and support a bias toward entrepreneurship and innovation by helping young people develop the skills, networks and desire to identify and access opportunity.
- Provide an intervention that is accessible for post-school non-Matriculants to improve their futures.
- Intensive skills development and leadership training that can enhance educational and employment opportunities
- Practical experience designing u0026amp; running a project / business
- Learn how to take an idea u0026amp; make it a reality
- Learn how to drive your own success from the inside out
- Action-driven learning
- 6 months intensive skill building experience
- Lunch, tea/coffee and snack at every workshop day
- Take home u0026amp; online resources
- Dedicated support person who is with you every step of the way
To participate youth must:
- Be between 18-34 years old
- Have a Matric certificate
- Unemployed / Out of School for at least 5 months
- Reside in Johannesburg (Kliptown or Kagiso)
- Commit to expectations u0026amp; program activities
Expectations of participants
- Commit to attend all program activities, and complete the associated tasks.
- Attend all training sessions which take place on weekdays u0026amp; weekends
- Note that the program is run in English, thus comfort with working in English is expected.
- Be open to a different way of approaching your future success
How to Apply
Application Status: Currently Closed – not taking new applications
For more information about the enke: Catalyst Program, please email email@example.com